So then I'm moving again at the end of the month to another house not far from here. They're splendid digs which will suit me very well until the end of June when Jonathan arrives. We'll have a couple days at my house in London and then we'll retire to the family estate at Luton until he heads home in August. Now that will mean a return to restricted travel but....... anything is worth it to have Jonathan here for the summer!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Home Sweet London Home
This is my lovely little house in south London, Lowden Road, Herne Hill to be precise. My home until the end of the month.
It's been life-transforming being in London proper. No restrictions on travel times, no rush to catch the last not horrendously slow every station stopping train back from the city in the evening. Without peak time travel restrictions, I can be at an archive when the doors open or leave and head home whenever I feel like it. After years of Saudi Arabia, boarding schools and small town universities, being able to come and go when I please is one of the most important things for me and I find restrictions on my movements almost unbearable. Oh how wonderful it is to be free!
So then I'm moving again at the end of the month to another house not far from here. They're splendid digs which will suit me very well until the end of June when Jonathan arrives. We'll have a couple days at my house in London and then we'll retire to the family estate at Luton until he heads home in August. Now that will mean a return to restricted travel but....... anything is worth it to have Jonathan here for the summer!
So then I'm moving again at the end of the month to another house not far from here. They're splendid digs which will suit me very well until the end of June when Jonathan arrives. We'll have a couple days at my house in London and then we'll retire to the family estate at Luton until he heads home in August. Now that will mean a return to restricted travel but....... anything is worth it to have Jonathan here for the summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad the move has worked well. London now belongs to you!
Post a Comment