Well folks, I have made absolutely zero progress on my 2012 genealogy goals. HOWEVER, last month I did some work for a genealogy show of which I have long been a massive fan which is an ambition fullfilled.
Also last month I was an exhibitor at Who Do You Think You Are Live, the three-day genealogy fair that kicked off my career two years ago. Last year it was very exciting to come back as an exhibitor for the show (rather than a paying customer and aspiring researcher as the year before). Then I worked quite hard, signing up new subscribers to our magazine and selling back issues and genealogy guides for Pen & Sword books. This year I seemed to spend a bit more time exhibiting myself...I struck up a flirtation with a gorgeous chap repesenting a servicemen's charity at the show. I thought he was in his mid-twenties (he told me he owns a house!) but it turns out (I discovered later) he was only 20! I didn't do so badly. Anyway, he has returned home to Preston, Lancashire, well out of harms way.
So, back to the goals. Jonathan has volunteered to be my young apprentice (eat your heart out Donald Trump!) this summer while he's here. Perhaps I'll put him on the case. Our Olympic tickets are all arranged. Now I just have to get plane/train tickets for Gdansk and Prague (his requests!) and figure out exactly how to keep him entertained. Though really, when Jonathan is around, Auntie Genevieve is the one who is entertained. He is the cleverest, funniest, brightest kid out there. We'll have six glorious weeks together. I can't wait!
1 comment:
Have a wonderful summer.
Post a Comment