Monday, July 09, 2012

Today Jonathan visited HMS Belfast where he took on the Captain's duties.
His day out in London with Grandpa also included a visit to Francis Drake's ship the Golden Hind (a mere four hundred years older than the Belfast).

Yesterday, the Olympic torch passed along the New Bedford Road at the bottom of our gardens.  Grandpa, Jonathan and I had a front row view of the torch being handed over between torch bearers. We rather enjoyed the whole roadshow that came along with it, though the local Luton police who were escorting the torch appeared to be having the time of their lives.  Well, there aren't many days when it's fun to be a policeman. 

Our days out have been a lot of fun, but more than anything I'm enjoying just spending evenings sat on the sofa next to my little lad. Tonight, he's giving the panellists on QI a run for their money.

2 comments:

KMSmoot said...

sounds like a great time :)
enjoy the olympics-madness and keep the pictures coming. I just got back from our every-four-year family reunion. I'll forward pictures when I finally get them all organized!

Granny Kathryn said...

I-spy Jonathan's old nursery school to the right of Genevieve's head. The runner was late enough for us to see on TV the end of the Wimbledon men's final tennis match.