I thoroughly disapprove of the way Christmas starts in September these days. Though one thing can never come too soon - some delicious Christmas grub. You can put a mini sausage wrapped in bacon or a bit of chestnut stuffing in front of me any day of the year and expect to get a smile.
So Saturday, we celebrated with an early Christmas dinner. Roast lamb, potatoes, parsnips, stuffing, sausages, and more food which I can't remember but I know that I ate. What's more I shared it with four wonderful friends. They spoiled me with presents, hugs and lots of Christmas excitement.
After dinner, we bunched up of the sofa to watch Lincolnshire's answer to Adonis (supposedly), Guy Martin, build a boat. And make a kettle. And get naked in a Victorian power shower. He's real popular with the ladies of the house (and probably the dudes too, they're just not admitting it). The DVD was a Christmas present - but the excitement had boiled over and the presents all got opened over a week early! Eh, it happens.
So now only one week and one day to go. Dad is here, Stephen comes a week today. (It's an all grown ups Christmas this time - we've left the mini people mayhem to Lucy and Stuart this year) The Christmas Christmas dinner grub has all been ordered, and more for the day after, and the day after...Mmmmmmmm Stephen's promised to bring Harrod's cheese counter home in a shopping bag Christmas Eve, and anything else that takes his fancy.
Christmas = FOOD!

1 comment:
Couldn't agree more about the food, looking forward to Christmas with everyone, and now glad you are living in the Streatham house again!
Post a Comment