New adverntures are well and truly underway. I've begun working as an editor for Your Family History magazine. Currently, I'm officially titled the Research Editor for the magazine, but that is just temporary as I train for something more involved. My output so far includes two editions of our six-page news section and the first edition of a regular column drawing on my background in US genealogy research entitled Letters from America. I'm also prepping articles for issues up through April 2013, starting to commission articles, and developping ideas for stories and new features.
This isn't quite what I saw myself doing when I skidded into Who Do You Think You Are Live? three years ago, but I'm quite happy with where things are going. Writing the news every month is a great to stay on top of it and I'll know about every new genealogy record set that goes online, every major website and online family tree network and type of software for genealogy that there is, and I'll get to go through and pick out the best readers stories and learn new things every day. I'll be gaining some very useful skills as an editor, which can't do me any harm. And I'm told if I call up places and tell them I'm press I can gain free or behind the scenes access to all sorts of things. Now I really like the sound of that. I love to go exploring!
2 comments:
Woohoo!!
Well earned so good luck with the challenge.
Post a Comment